In the spring of 2019, I found myself standing in stagnant water.
Something was missing from my life. Every day felt the same—a skipping record stuck on the world’s dullest song—and my career had reached its ceiling.
This stillness anchored me to a single path—one that was no longer serving me—and if I’m truthful, I lacked motivation; I’d fallen trap to being comfortable and complacent.
But everything changed when I made the choice to do something about it.
18 months ago, I started The Davis Daily to keep honest and motivated to follow my passion for writing. And it was also a way to earn some extra cash and boost my finances.
Around the same time, I began filming the Daily Dose of D videos every day for about 1–2 months. It was more for fun than anything, but the practice produced unexpected results.
As soon as I embraced change in my life and started putting myself out there, momentum began to build—opportunities presented themselves and I experienced personal growth
Clients appeared, freelance projects were consistent, and ideas started to flow. Communication improved; my relationship strengthened (work in progress), and I’m more self-aware and conscious of negative self-talk than ever.
My confidence has grown, and the belief that I can live the lifenolonger seems all that farfetched.
I’ve made meaningful connections with likeminded creatives; had inspiring conversations with friends and family; and developed new skills and refined old chops (also work in progress)
Fast forward to today.
- I’ve switched careers—copywriter for a notable advertising and marketing agency
- I’m inspired to wake up every morning—even if it is at 5:23AM!
- I’ve leveled up my time management—bullet journaling for the win
- I’m motivated to become the best version of myself—shouldn’t we all be?
- I’ve accepted change as inevitable—it’s futile and unhealthy to fight it…seriously
Initiating change is hard, and the results don’t come overnight. It’s taken a year-and-a-half to get to where I am today.
I still have a long way to go, too.
But this is a testament to what happens when you embrace change; make a choice to try something different, break old habits and build new ones.
Decide to chase your dreams.
It’s a hell of a trip—this journey to Change—but at least I’m in good company.
I look forward to having you along for the ride.
The Diary of Davis: you monthly dose of inspiration
Recently, I published the inaugural edition of the Diary of Davis: a monthly chronicle of personal growth and professional development.
It’s a newsletter for those weary of mundane Mondays, bored with tiresome Tuesdays, and sick of the everyday doldrums—written for aspiring freelancers, small business owners and entrepreneurs, and anybody ready to make change and lead a fulfilled life.
Join me as I share my journey to Change—from the failures and setbacks to the wins and the milestones—and how the trip thus far has improved my personal and professional life.
Designed to help you navigate Life’s unexpected curve balls, break free of day-in, day-out routine, and open your eyes to the opportunities around you.
- Personal experiences and stories meant to inspire you to initiate change in your life and/or business
- Curated content (articles, videos, podcasts, and more) from authors, thought-leaders, and industry experts on personal development and best practices for a healthy work-life balance
- Provoking ideas, random thoughts, quirky jokes, and whatever helps remind you there’s more to life than the same ole, same ole.
In short, the Diary of Davis is a dose of inspiration delivered to your inbox the first Monday of every month.
If you think this newsletter has value, I’d be mighty grateful if you subscribed below or shared it with someone who might appreciate what’s inside.
Thanks for reading, folks!