Welcome to the Diary of Davis: a weekly newsletter to inspire you to embrace change in your personal and professional life. Written for regular yet remarkable people ready to challenge the status quo of the daily grind.
Entry #6: 05.27.21
This week’s entry to the Diary of Davis features the tale of why I am my own worst enemy, a selection of recent Daily Dose of D videos, and a handful of content I found inspirational and entertaining.
Let’s get to it.
The Reason I Am My Own Worst Enemy
Despite what the title suggests, this post isn’t about imposter syndrome. Not entirely, at least. Self-doubt is a part of it, but it’s more about why I get so down on myself when I’m not working or being productive.
Truth be told, I don’t know how to relax. Or I should say, I don’t know how to not feel guilty about taking time to myself.
You can blame modern society, hustle culture, or even FOMO (fear of missing out). But that’s not the core of my inability to slow down and find peace in doing nothing. No, for me, it goes much deeper than that.
And it starts with the passing of my mom.
Let me add a little context… read more
Your Daily Dose of D
- Find inspiration from those closest to you
- Long weekends and short work weeks
- The purpose of mundane tasks
- The paradox of focus and struggling with uncertainty
- Why I took a break from the Davis Daily
- 5 habits to make you happier and more optimistic
- Going fishing for a little optimism
Likable and Linkable
- The Obstacle/Opportunity of 2021 – from the Monday Morning Memo
- The funniest thing you’ll watch all week – from @30SECVIDEOS on Twitter
- Game-Changing Life Hacks – from Joe Pulizzi’s Random Newsletter
- The Truth About Motivation: Where to Find it and How to Inspire Others – from the Monday Morning Radio podcast
- The Gap – by Ira Glass
That’s it for me. Thanks for reading, folks!
👋 I love hearing from my readers – if you have something you’d like to share or just want to say hi, reach out to me on Twitter.
Did you stumble upon this newsletter and find it useful? I’d be super grateful if you subscribed or shared it with someone who might appreciate what’s inside!